CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Running in Paradise

My first run in Paradise! I got up at 5:30 a.m. and couldn't wait to get out and run on the beach! I still haven't adjusted to the time change and so it even though I have only slept about 4 hours in two days, I wanted to get out there! I can think of nothing better than running along side the ocean, watching and listening to the sounds of the sea! Oh, how I love the ocean! It was beautiful! I tried to run on the sand, but that was really difficult and so I settled on the sidewalk around the resort we are staying at. But it didn't go far enough and so I ended up on the highway (it's a very small highway!) I ran about four miles total. The altitude made it much easier, but the humidity balanced that right out! I was really sweating by the time I was done. But even still, I could get used to this! I think I was born to live by the ocean. It is so calming and peaceful. I could sit and watch it for hours. I did see a few interesting things though. I nearly stepped on a rat...a dead rat! UGH! He was just laying on the grass. And then on my way back I saw some strange animal run out in front of me. I'm still not sure what it was. It looked like a long squirrel, but I don't think it was one. I did see a dead squirrel after that though, so I'm still not sure. I was ready to end by the time I ran for 40 minutes. Being sleep deprived doesn't help in the energy department! But, I figure I can sleep when I get home. I mean, how often will I get to run in Paradise???? Total Distance: 4 miles (estimate)

2 comments:

Jen said...

Well, I wish I was there with you! I love the ocean too! Sounds like a heavenly run! Soak it in while you can and make those good mental images for use during the 1/2!

SkinnyJeanGirl said...

Oh that would be my dream! I served my mission in Seattle, by the ocean, but no running out there. Soak it up! Aloha!