Saturday, April 5, 2008

Nine more...

I survived nine more miles today! Last night I wasn't sure I was going to even be able to run at all. My muscles were still hurting pretty bad from the gym. We had a long drive to a missionary reunion for my hubby and on the way my legs started to just ache and I couldn't really stretch them enough to help much. I also had a pretty nice headache. I knew if I felt the same in the morning there was no way my body would survive even a few miles, let alone the nine I needed to go. I was so exhausted by the time my head hit the pillow, which was after midnight, that I didn't think there was anyway I would feel much different in the morning. Jen and I had decided to go early so we could be back before conference started. When my alarm went off, I was still pretty tired, but the legs were thankfully feeling much better. I got ready and met Jen at the bottom of my street. She started even earlier so she could in her full 18 miles. I was worried she was going to be all warmed up and ready to go and I was going to slow her down. I probably did, but she didn't say anything. The temperature was 39 degrees and pretty mild unless the wind blew and then it was icy! It was a good run. I didn't feel super great, but I didn't feel like I was going to die either. That's always good! I don't think it was quite as easy as last week, mainly because of my sore muscles. I am amazed how much easier it is to run with a partner. It makes the time go so much faster and there is less time to focus on the PAIN! We did the five mile route and then started over and cut it short since I only had to add four more, although Jen still needed three after that. I should have just tried to do the five mile route again and do a full 10. At the time I wasn't sure I wanted to do that, but looking back now, I should have. I stretched when I got back and hopefully that will keep me from being as stiff as I was last week. But I'm not feeling real confident about that as I write this. It's been six hours since I returned and I am feeling it big time! I feel pretty much wiped out! Good thing I didn't add that extra mile. I ate oatmeal with 2% milk when I returned. I had a banana 30 minutes before I left. Today was the first time I really wished I had some water during the run. Next week I think I will hide some! I am not sure I am ready for Jen's water holding contraption, not because it looks like a catheter tube hanging out...LOL!, but because I don't know if I want to carry one of those if I can go without it. Not smart I know! I am sure the extra added fluid would only help. I had to laugh at Jen running with that hose dangling from her waist. It really did look like she was carrying a catheter as she ran! So funny! I tried to take a photo of her with my cell phone but it didn't work. She promised me she would have her hubby take a photo of it so I can post it on here. I can't wait! The best thing would be if someone would invent a catheter/water carrier! Then you wouldn't have to search for a drinking fountain OR a porta-potty when the need arises. Might be a money maker. Well at least until someone got the two hoses mixed up! Total distance: 9.00 miles! Total time: 1 hour 33 min.


Jen said...

Forgot about the picture, sorry! Good laughs! Good job today again! Thanks for going again!