CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Are you kidding me???

I haven't posted for a while because I haven't had anything to post about! Yes, it's true, I have NOT ran once since my long run on Saturday! I also didn't go to my strength training class on Monday or today. It was actually in my plan to take a recovery period for a few days, but this is ridiculous! I planned to rest on Sunday and Monday and then do some easy cross training the rest of the week. I got the rest in, but the cross training still hasn't happened. It was really cold on Tuesday, and the wind was very icy, but that is no excuse really. If I am properly dressed, it's not a problem. I don't own a treadmill and I think I would have an easier time making sure it happened if I did. What? A runner without a treadmill? Yes, it's true. I asked for one for Christmas a couple of years ago before I had started running, but since Dave thinks treadmills are only expensive devices made to store clothes on, it wasn't under the tree. I think I have convinced him by now that I would use it, but I really enjoy running outside so much, that it hasn't been an issue. Well, at least not until this week for some reason. Maybe I am just getting sick of the cold. I think I got spoiled by the couple of days we had in the high 60's and when it's back down in the 30's the next day, I just do not have any desire to bundle up and go out in it. I think I have thrown in my gloves for the winter. Or it may simply be the fact that I still haven't fully recovered from my long run on Saturday. Or maybe time just got away from me. Who knows? Hopefully it has done my body some good and I haven't lost anything from my slackfulness. I am planning on heading out first thing in the morning, no matter what the weather. I can't run on Friday morning because I have to be somewhere real early, but at least tomorrow I can hopefully get in a good run.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Don't sweat it too much! You worked really hard the last couple of weeks and I'm sure your body needs to recoup! You'll get right back into it and I hope the weather cooperates! Did you forget that you joined a gym and they have plenty of treadmills down there?