CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Blog Published Into A Book

You may be reading this on my blog or in my book that was my blog, but either way I just wanted to post a little summation of the book and explain that there is a lot of my running experiences and many MANY races that are not here.  I took a bit of a hiatus for a few years and sadly many of my races were not recorded via my blog. But I didn't want that to keep me from printing what I did have published and so I am going with it as it is.

DONE IS BETTER THAN PERFECT!  

And so in order to get this done, it has to be imperfect!  It is what it is and I am just grateful I have what I do.  There is a lot missing, but at least I have what I do have.

Here are a few things from my sidebar:

Why a Running Blog?

The reason I started this blog was to help me keep track of my progress (or lack thereof!) in this new found adventure of mine called running! This is my daily training log and a place where I can track my mileage, times, races, etc. I am hoping that just keeping this up to date will inspire me to improve and continually reach for higher goals. If you actually take the time to read this, I would be grateful for any tips or advice you feel inspired to share with me. I am a novice and have a lot to learn and would love any knowledge that you have already gained. Share away!

Why do I run?

That is a really good question. Actually, I don't even like to run....at least most of the time. Sometimes I feel like my body is in a big fight. My lungs, heart, or legs often cry out in protest and beg me to stop while in the process. So why do it then? For the simple fact that there are those days when running feels easy and effortless. Then I know why I run. I run because I can. And since I can I should. Tomorrow I might not be able to. I run because I really like the way I feel AFTER I have run. It 's amazing that my lungs and legs can actually feel better after pushing them to their limit. My body feels great! I feel like I have really accomplished something because it was such a challenge to keep going when I wanted to quit. I love the feeling of achieving something that I couldn't imagine doing even just one year ago. I love the sense of accomplishment of making it to the end. If that's not enough, here are 10 more reasons:

My Top 10 Reasons:
*I have another reason to shop for shoes.
*It gives me an excuse to get outside and enjoy nature.
*I have more energy all day.
*I simply feel good.
*I can now say, "I'm a runner"
*I am no longer a spectator at races, but a participant...a really great feeling!
*It motivates me to eat healthier.
*I get to talk to dogs and sometimes even horses on my runs. (sounds like I'm a horse whisperer!)
*I have a clearer mind.
*I get a stronger heart and lungs...not to mention great legs...lol☺

0 comments: