CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

The week after...

This week I have pretty much taken it easy. Other than some cross training at the gym and a little salsa to spice things up! You can read about that here. I did run yesterday but only had time for about two or three miles. It felt good. The weather has been back to wintery temps again and it's rained almost everyday since Wednesday. I am sure this next week we will be in for blistering temps. It seems to be one extreme or the other this year. The lilacs are in full bloom right now and that is about three weeks later than usual due to the colder temps this spring.

I am trying to decide what to train for now. It's kind of like the day after Christmas and you look around and say, "Now what?" I have several races on the agenda for the summer, but nothing bigger than the Peach Days 10K. Dave thinks I should go for a full marathon. In my heart, I really want to do one, but have serious doubts about myself being able to do it. It's a formidable thought for me. I am toying with the idea of doing the Top of Utah one that is in September. Maybe I could be ready by then. They also have just a Half Marathon a month before in August that I for sure want to run. I keep thinking that this is my time and I will regret it if I don't do it now while I am injury free and still enjoy running. Hmm.... at least it gives me something to think about while I run this next week!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I know about that day after Christmas feeling! I would love it if you would do Top of Utah. That would be really fun! Fun? What did I say? Didn't I remind you to shoot me or something to that effect? Oh how easily the mind forgets!

The Hoyt Family said...

Go for it girl.. your right... Now is your time. See what you can really do..

Anonymous said...

Hey Jodi,
I cant seem to find an email address for you. But, the folks here at title nine sports love your writing you like to publish you on our site. email me back at:arecord@titlenine.com for details