CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I think I can, I think I can....






I think I can, I think I can...

Thankfully today has been a better day. I have had a lot of encouragement from great friends and so I am feeling much better about things. I am also feeling much better physically, which always helps with the attitude! I am trying to gear up with the attitude that this is going to be a FUN RUN and not a test of my endurance. I am not trying to beat any records or win the race... just cross that finish line in one piece! I have been doubting my strength and ability mainly because my training was so thrown off by my vacation and I haven't felt I have done all I need to do to be ready. But I have decided to focus on what I HAVE done and hope that will be enough to get me over that finish line. I know it's important to respect the distance - no matter what it is - and that I have down to a tee! Now, I just have to respect my body's ability to do this.

I felt good enough to run this morning and logged in almost four miles. It was a pretty easy run for me. I didn't want to over do it and so I am hoping that distance is good. I plan on running tomorrow for about the same and then that's it! I hear conflicting reports on what I should or shouldn't do and so I am just going to listen to my body and see how it feels. Only FOUR MORE DAYS!!!! Total Distance: 4 miles


I know I can, I know I can!!!
My sweet friend Julie brought me a Marathon Survival Kit today!
It has lots of good things in it I will need!

Thanks Julie!!! Just knowing I will have chocolate has made me feel better already!!!

2 comments:

The Hoyt Family said...

Great attitude girl!! Thats a way!! Isn't julie so sweet I loved having her as a young womans adviser. She is so funny. i miss the ward. It has alot of great people in it... I am glad you are feeling better..I know you will do great..

Jen said...

I need to read this over and over again so that I can keep being excited!