CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

Ready or Not!!!!

IT'S HERE!!!!! Kinda scary!
Yesterday I downloaded some new music on my
IPOD (shuffle)and deleted some that I was getting sick of. I hope that will give me a boost when I need it. I put a lot of the 70's songs that I used to listen to and some Disco. Nothing makes me want to move like a good ol' Disco beat! I LOVE DISCO!!! Guess that shows my age! The only problem is I may just start swinging my hips or doing the "Stayin' Alive" finger point (aka the John Travolta Hip Dislocator) while trying to run at the same time....let's hope I don't dislocate anything vital! Just kiddin' Jen...I will try to not embarrass you!


I walked about two miles yesterday, because Dave came inside in the morning and said that there were a ton of walkers out and so it made me want
to get out there in this great spring (finally) weather. I basically strolled because I knew I wasn't supposed to do anything but let my body recover this week. I got a little panicked because my hip flexors started to really ache and I got a little concerned. I do NOT want them to hurt tomorrow! I hate hip flexor pain! I was also a little worried because I have been feeling really sore still from the accident. It seems to be getting worse, not better lately. But at least my knee is fine. After tomorrow any soreness will all just be relative!
I am finally getting excited for this run! Jen and I just got back from Ogden's Union Station to pick up our numbers and running chips. Now, it seems real! With over 4000 runners registered for all the races combined, it is going to be exciting! I also found out I can drive to the half starting point so I won't have to take the bus at 5 a.m. like all the other halfers who are starting at 7 a.m. My friend Julie is going to drive up around North Ogden divide into Eden Park where I will start. Jen will probably get there about 9:15 or so and so that way I won't have to wait all that time. AND, I won't have to get up at 3:30 a.m.! Yea!!! Sorry Jen, I know you still have to! I do feel bad I will be missing out on the amazing sight of all the runners loading the buses, but for a couple hours extra sleep I can deal with that. IF I can't sleep, then I will call Jen and go with her early.

They had a little expo at the Union Station as well and I was able to get me some Body Glide (for chaffing prevention) and a cute necklace. We also listened to Jeff Galloway, a famous marathoner who spoke on running tips for tomorrow. He was adamant about running for four minutes and then walking for one. He claims that will help you reserve vital energy for the finish and help you end much stronger. I need to read his book. After picking up our packets and chips, we headed to Jamba Juice for a 3G Energy Boost drink. I had one before one of my longs run a while ago and I swear that it helped. We will see if it was a fluke or if I am right. I will know by this time tomorrow!

I did a post today about the marathon on my other blog
here if you are interested.


Jen and I picking up our running chips


Jeff Galloway giving some last minute advice


It was a busy place

Here's a map of the route ---oh, man that is REALLY far!!!!


McKay's teacher Mrs. Klein was there picking up her stuff too.

These are all the shirts that were still left. That means this many people still have to come and pick them up. That is a LOT of runners!!!

The necklace I bought. Kinda blurry...but the first one says '13.1' and the second one is a woman runner and the third says 'Love To Run'

Run...Because I Can

Here we are with my bud Logan at Jamba Juice

4 comments:

Hey it's Amy Benson said...

I love the BeeGee's. :D and your cute running necklace. Way to go! Thanks for stopping by. I too am addicted to Jamba Juice. Wait, did you say you were addicted? Maybe it's just me!

Jen said...

I can't wait to see your dance moves! So GLAD I bought a camera today! Today was fun! It's good to have someone to be nervous with. It makes me not so nervous if that makes any sense! I guess knowing someone will know of the pain I will be in is comforting! See you in the morning!!! Oh, and I need you to e-mail me copies of your pictures!

The Hoyt Family said...

Oh yeah how fun.. Cant wait to hear of your experience.. I had an awesome day as well check it out....

The Hoyt Family said...

Jodi,
I hope you are doing ok.. I heard the race didnt quite go as planned. Poor Jen.. how hard for the both of you. I'v been watching waiting for one of you to post the details of how it went.. Hope you are doing ok...