CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Been one of those days...

Actually it was yesterday ~ for the full story go HERE to the May 9th post. I hadn't planned on getting in a car accident the week before the marathon! I thought that if I got an injury it would be from running. But I don't control those things and so I need to just be VERY grateful that I wasn't seriously injured. I think I am over my frustration for the most part about the accident and now I can just pray that I will have trained enough to endure the 13.1 miles. I really don't think I have. But there is nothing I can do about it now other than PRAY HARD and hope for the best. I didn't think I would be able to even run at all today and so things are already looking up. I am still pretty sore, and so I didn't get in my last long run as I had planned today. Jen didn't think I would be going and so she ran 10 miles without me and then when I told her I was going to go, she ran another almost six with me! What a friend! She is amazing. I really did NOT want to run alone today. It is so much easier to be with a buddy. If I am feeling any discomfort, I don't focus on it at all when I am running with someone. I was so glad she went with me. I ended up going only six miles....5.85 to be exact, even though I was really hoping for at least a 10-miler, but I didn't want to over do it with the way my body is feeling after the accident and so I am happy I was able to even do that. I was surprised how good I felt. I was planning on hurting worse today than yesterday. I was so grateful my knee was okay. I was more worried about that than anything.

This upcoming week is the week to take it easy and allow the body to heal so it can be ready for race day, but I already did that on my vacation! Well, with the exception of Boogie Boarding...that really takes it out of you! But, I know if I push it too hard before the race, then I won't have a good run. So I am going to have to try and find a balance between the two. At least that WAS what I was going to do. But now, the way I am feeling, I think I better just do it as I had planned. Everyone tells me that since I have already got in three long runs that I will be fine and that it doesn't matter when I did them. Hope so! Guess I will be finding out in one week! Eeek! I can't believe it is already here!!! I am starting to get excited! Total Distance: 5.85 miles

I didn't blog yesterday's run. I only ran about two miles and then did a little hiking on the mountain for some cross training and strengthening. It was a nasty day and rained a lot.

1 comments:

Jen said...

I am so glad you are o.k. I hope you are still doing good today after the run. I got sunburned! Did you? I'm so excited! I dreamed about it last night! I can just see us finishing together and how great it's going to be!