CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Stressed!

There is a picture used as part of a stress test developed by researchers at St. Mary's Hospital in London. It is the final picture of a series of stress determinators to gauge the amount of stress a patient has built up over a short time.


Don't open the picture just yet but when you do you will see a picture of two dolphins jumping out of the water in tandem. The research has shown that the more differences you notice in the two dolphins, the more stressed you are.

This is attributed to the concentration and recognition influences intensifying when stressed.

The two dolphins are very similar, so if you can tell the difference without looking hard, you should pack up work and go home immediately.

Click here to see the picture and check your stress level.
I wonder if you see what I see? Hmm.... Hope not!
Today I did run SIX miles! Yahoo! Finally! But I am still feeling extreme anxiety over whether or not I am going to be able to pull off this half marathon! Today's run was great as far as my lungs, but pretty much every other body part was hurting. I only stopped once to see the bunnies at the farm and then just one other time to answer a text. I was surprised about that. But my knees were both in pain and that is not real normal for me. My shins were really tight. My quads were even hurting. The worst pain was on the ball of my left foot where I got a huge sliver in Hawaii. My SIL tried to get it out but missed some and so Dave took to it with his pocket knife and really dug into it to get it all out. I am not sure if the pain is from me bruising from that or if there is still some left in there. It sure did feel like there was a chunk inside. I can't tell and so I will have to soak it sometime and see. All I know is I do not want to run 13 miles with that kind of pain. It was not fun. But I know as long as my lungs are okay I can pretty much push through everything else. My biggest worry is the fact that next week is supposed to be my week for taking it easy. I know there is NO way I can do that since I did that for the past 10 days or so! But at the same time, I don't want to overdo it and be wiped out for the half either. My vacation was great, but it did mess up my training. I just hope I can do it. I am having serious doubts today!!! Total Distance: 6 miles in 62 minutes

5 comments:

Jen said...

Jodi, did you see a cow when you did that test? Cause I thought I was o.k. about all this, but your stress test reveals a very different outcome! Seriously you'll do great! Remember that I had only 6 miles for a couple of weeks and then that one 9 miles before my 1/2. I also had the oldest shoes possible, I never even got them fit right back then. You have a great base behind you and have done enough runs. Don't panic. It will all be fine and you can do it! Plus, you may have to drag me behind you with a rope so you better keep going to weight class to gear up for that! It's going to be so fun doing it together!

Jodi said...

Keep encouraging me because I NEED IT!!!! I know this is mostly mental and I need to get there and fast!!!! Hoping to get the shoes today!

Doran & Jody said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

The Hoyt Family said...

You will do great Jodi..I can so sympathize with the knee pain.. I think I may even be loosing a toe nail. Its all bruised underneath and swollen it looks infected but i cant tell how or where. Best of luck on the upcoming race.

Jodi said...

Thank you all for the encouragement! I really need it right now!!!!