CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Oh what a beautiful morning!

This morning I went out earlier than I usually do because I had to be at the school real early. It was around 50 degrees and overcast. There were dark clouds looming in the west and it was threatning rain. That is my very FAVORITE weather! I love rain and I don't think I could ever get sick of it! As I ran down one of the streets on my route, there was this AMAZING rainbow peeking through the VERY dark clouds. I took a photo on my cell phone, but it didn't do it justice and so I tried to find something similiar on line and these are the best I could do.
It was even more brilliant and beautiful than these. The sky was pure black behind the bright colors and it was one of the most spectacular sights I had ever seen. I only wish I would have had my real camera. I could have taken some amazing shots. It only lasted for a minute or two and it was gone. It was one of those brief moments in time that I was just lucky to be a part of.

Yesterday I ran five miles almost effortlessly, but today I only ran three and was struggling. Once again, I realized it was because of how I ate the day before. I know it is so important to eat well within one hour of exercising to help replenish what you just spent in energy. I know it makes a huge difference in how well I do the next day with my run. When I got back yesterday after my five miler, I didn't eat anything for almost two and half hours. I was waiting to go to lunch and I didn't want to spoil it. Not smart! I need to eat as soon as I walk in that door from my run in order to have the energy I need for the next day. I am amazed at the difference it makes. I need to do better with that! I am still trying to decide what to do about the full marathon. I think I am leaning more towards doing it now, but I am still not feeling real confident about being able to do it. 26.2 miles is a looooooooooooong way! A VERY long way!
Total distance: 3 miles
Total distance yesterday: 5 miles





0 comments: