CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Wish me Luck!

Please do because I am going to need it!!!
Yep, I have FINALLY committed to run the Top of Utah Half Marathon Saturday! I have really struggled this entire summer with committing myself to doing the FULL marathon in September. That decision was made for me due to my lack of training. I have concluded summer is too insane to be able to invest the huge amount of time needed to train for a full. But, I had ALWAYS planned on doing the half...until about three weeks ago. I just wasn't sure if I could even pull off the half. I have been a real slacker when it comes to my long runs. Not by choice...but by circumstance really. Life has just got in the way. I hadn't signed up because I just wasn't sure it was going to happen. That added to my lack of committment. I have learned that signing up EARLY will contribute to my motivation because money is now involved! lol Then when my long runs became more "short", I thought I was probably crazy to even attempt it. I was so ready when I ran my first half marathon in May. But I am so NOT ready for this one. There is NO TURNING BACK now!

When I was out running yesterday, I ran into (literally!) my good friend Jen and so we ran together. That was fun since we haven't done that for a while. She is dealing with some knee issues right now and though I have tried and tried to talk her into doing the half all summer, she was pretty determined not to. BUT...I was so excited when she told me yesterday that she is now considering doing it !!!! She has to see if her knees will cooperate first and then she will decide. I am hoping that they will behave and let her do it!!! That would make it so much more fun for me!!!

My next post on here will be of my experience (be it good or bad) with the half. WISH ME LUCK!!! I am gonna need it...

4 comments:

Mel said...

Yeah, I'm totally excited that you are going to run it! I'll be looking for you. I really don't feel prepared either but I'm excited! I'm carpooling with some girls from Perry but they will be running MUCH faster than I.

Audrey said...

You will do great! I'm sure of it! Mostly, just remember to have fun.

The Hoyt Family said...

Good luck Jodi...
I am sure you will do great.... I cant wait to hear about it...Have fun.. Thats whats most important..

jrunsinbrewster said...

Cliche but...YOU CAN DO IT!

Run strong Jodi....